photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Wednesday Art Feature: Art and Ghosts

Art & Ghosts produces beautiful, ghostly and mysterious artwork. I can see heavy influences of nature and fairy tales in their work, with a recurring theme of white rabbits. This may be a secret undertone of illuminati symbolism or just heavily inspired by fairtales. Either way I find it unsettling, fragile and beautiful.

What I admire most about their work is the minimal amount of shading to the girls faces in some of their more ghostlike works. I am myself someone who often overshades, so it's a big inspiration and learning curve to see the delicate, barely there shading in some of the girls faces.

While looking at Art & Ghosts' work online, I found it really hard to find any information about the artist. I think this adds to the mystery of Art & Ghosts work, don't you think?



Which is your favorite Art & Ghosts work? Mine has to be the ghostly pony and little girl.


7 comments:

  1. i love the last couple pieces. they're beautiful!! love this artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the best artists to profile... I love the one of the little girl wearing the rabbit ears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really awesome style! My favorite is the first one, with the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Art & Ghosts, such gorgeous work!

    http://milkyrobot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking. I love all of them. The girl with the pigtails and rosey cheeks. That rabbit head in the box is creppy though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these! My favorite is the little girl with the pigtail braids!

    ReplyDelete